Because of the current pandemic, the Tehama County Library is prohibiting donations. We hope to start accepting donations again by 9/1/20.
Tehama County Library Donated Materials Policy
The Tehama County Library accepts donations for the purpose of reselling the items at book sale events held at the Tehama County Library. All proceeds from these sales go towards the Friends of the Tehama County Library.
The Tehama County Library will not add donated materials to the library collection unless a special consideration is made by the Tehama County Librarian.
The Tehama County Library accepts donations of the following:
- Music CDs
*All book donations must be in good shape and free of any water damage, tearing or heavy usage.
The Tehama County Library does not accept the following donations:
- VHS Tapes
- Items containing information that is out of date
- Items that have a strong smell
- Items that are dirty or moldy
If donated items are unsold, the Tehama County Library reserves the right to:
- Discard or recycle the items
- Pass along the items to other charities or libraries
- Work with Better World Books, an online bookseller who collects unwanted and unsold items and either sells or donates books to fund literacy initiatives worldwide.
*Because of space limitation’s the Tehama County Library limits donations of books to one box of books per person per week.