The Tehama County Library offers Chromebooks for use in the library. To use the Chromebook, you can sign in with your Google account, or sign in as a library guest. Web apps install in seconds, load instantly, and update automatically. There are no software applications on the Chromebook.
- Chromebooks may be checked out at the Circulation Desk on a first-come, first served basis. A current Tehama County Library Card is required each time a Chromebook is checked out.
- Chromebooks must remain in the Library building and must be checked in at least 15 minutes before the Library closing time.
- The loan period for a Chromebook is three (3) hours. No reservations may be made.
- Headphones or ear buds are required to be used when accessing sites or using applications which emit sound.
- Borrowers are asked to immediately report any hardware or software problems to library staff.
- Please keep the Chromebook with you at all times.
- Borrowers agree not to display, download, access or transmit any obscene, explicit, graphic, offensive, or illegal materials. Borrowers agree not to interfere with the performance of the Library’s computer network, tamper with or reconfigure Library computer hardware or software.
Chromebook users Liability
Staff will inspect each Chromebook and pair of headphones prior to and after patron use.
Patrons are responsible for any changes in condition while in their care and for replacement costs for damage, loss or theft of a Chromebook or headphones/ear buds (please refer to the replacement costs listed at the end of this document).
The Library is not responsible for damage to removable storage devices, lost or corrupted files, or viruses and other malicious software transferred to removable storage devices. Though the Chromebook hardware/software is designed to prevent personal information from being accessed by others. However, once the borrower has finished using the device, the Library makes no claims, promises, or guarantees that personal information will be inaccessible or kept confidential. Further, the library makes no warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, statutory, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose as to the use of the Chromebook or network equipment and disclaims all liability.
The replacement cost will be up to but will not exceed $250.00